These are very uncertain times with the Coronavirus spreading around the earth and affect our every day lives. Every day is a gift to us all and how we choose to deal with FEAR can be quite unsettling. However, do take a deep breath and know that we will get through this difficult time. We are all in this together and know that you are going to be okay. Just take one day at a time. I’m writing to share with you all how to conquer FEAR in 5 ways.
Think of the health care workers and doctors who are on the front lines fighting to save lives and put yourself in their shoes. They are our heros. Send them all light and love and hang in there. We will get through this!
What I learned from Brendon Burchard’s INFLUENCER event
Claim and Master Your Topic What are you excellent at? Maybe it is teaching or running a business or creating cool knitwear! Whatever your passions and expertise is that is something you need to claim for your fame! If you are feeling stuck on this then be sure to ask close friends and family members what they think you are a genius at!
2. Discover your Audience’s problems and ambitions Your audience is your tribe that matches your vibe. Find out more about them and don’t be shy to ask them questions such as: What do you aspire to become? What do you need help with? What do you struggle with in regards to: life / biz/ work / family? By asking them questions you will get answers! If you don’t have an audience then you can start building one by commenting on other people’s posts or do online surveys. I like sites such as www.surveymonkey.com or www.quora.com to send out questions and get feedback and insight.
3. Define who you are and what messages you value Don’t try to be like everyone else – there is only one YOU and who you are matters! What defines you? What values do you believe in? What makes you YOU? Find out your own unique messaging so that you can share who you are and who you serve in order to help others. If you are struggling with what your messaging should be for your business then reach out to meHERE so I can help you.
4. Create a solution through a product or service Use your life experiences to see what you can create to help your ideal audience. Maybe you can create an online course and show folks how to achieve something. Maybe it is a product to help make others lives a bit easier or simpler. Perhaps you can coach folks on how to break through some limiting beliefs. Whatever you decide make sure you are taking that customer on a journey from A to Z with your solution as the key to success!
5.Every week create a piece of content Yes. Every week – just once a week. You can do a video or a livestream or post on your blog / vlog channel. You can chop it up into different clips and use for social media posts to help drive traffic to your website and links. This will help you track the behaviors of your clients and find out what their needs are.
6. Post and promote FREE content Develop a schedule and a rhythm for it. Perhaps you have one big piece of content and you can hire a team to chop it up for you and post for you. You can go to www.upwork.com or www.fiverr.com to find experienced folks to help you on this.
7. Create evergreen campaigns that sell your offerings all the time. Automation is the key to having your freedom to help serve others more. There are two modules in the industry of influencer marketing: 1 Launching every quarter (think of it like a garage sale) or 2 Evergreen funnels that you can tweak the price on with your offering 3 Most use email sequences to get clients interested and for follow up
8. Run Ads to Scale You hear this all the time – to make money you need to spend money. FaceBook and Instagram ads are the best way to get more reach out there for your ideal client. Think of ads as printing more money for you and as an investment in you and your business. Spend one dollar in exchange to receive one dollar and one cent returns!
9. Get Promotional Partners Success is always in the follow up. Do you ever go to a great conference or networking event yet forget to follow up on all of those cool people you’ve met? That is money down the drain! That person you just met or a new customer can become a referral or an affiliate partner. Have others help you reach your message to the masses! All you need to do is just ask.
10. Focus on distinctions – what makes YOU different? What makes YOU the only YOU in town? How are you different than everyone else? Maybe you have to hire an agency to help you on your radar. Once you get the details fine tuned on who you serve and why you can be the best one to serve them then provide always excellent customer care and service.
Thanks for reading this and if you have any questions, please just reach out! Wishing you a great day and you’ve got this! Cathy xo
Today is Valentine’s Day – a day to celebrate LOVE. You do NOT have to be in a relationship with another to honor this day. This day is about celebrating YOU! The beautiful creative awesome person that YOU ARE!
I understand that this day can be tough for so many and kinda depressing. One of the best ways to get out of such a funk is to do something really kind for yourself – what is one thing today that you know in your heart will bring you joy from within? For me it is meditating and drawing. When I sit still for even just ten minutes I feel my heart expand and the calm within appears. We tap into our own divine inner source. When I draw, the flow of life source comes out and it brings joy to not just me but to others as well.
So if you are feeling a bit in a funk today – then go deep and ask yourself, what is one thing that I can do TODAY to love myself more? To bring joy to others? As Pope Francis once said, “The world tells us to seek success, power and money. God asks us to seek humility, service and LOVE.”
May the love of God be with you always as it is within ourselves. So today of all days, do something nice for not only yourself but for someone else. Go buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you at Starbucks. Smile at a stranger on the street. Donate your clothes to a charity. Mentor a child in need. Call up that old friend whom you haven’t spoken to in a while and say hello just checking in on you. Go for a walk today with your dog and say thank you to the universe for this beautiful day. Smile in the mirror and say, ” NAME. YOU ARE FABULOUS. I LOVE YOU! HAPPY VDAY YOU ROCK STAR!”
Happy New Year! Can you believe that it’s already near the end of January?
If you haven’t figured out your goals for this new year do NOT worry at all! Many of us entrepreneurs are still figuring things out and still planning out what our goals are to accomplish this new year. It is still not too late peeps!
Recently I drew for Nina Kaufman who led a workshop on Courageous Liberation. What does that mean exactly? It means having faith and co-creating with GOD to in three easy steps to accomplish your main goals and getting unstuck when you hit an emotional rut. Believe me, I’ve been there.
So what do you really want to achieve for yourself this year? What do you want for yourself and your business? Your family? Your friends? Your life? Write down at least one major goal you would like to see for yourself.
Step one is to RECOGNIZE or as I would say ACKNOWLEDGE that there is a greater power beyond our little human minds can see and picture. The universe / GOD can really work wonders beyond our imagination. Tap into the FEELING of how already accomplishing this goal would look like, smell like and feel like. Got it?
Step two is to CONNECT with that feeling of source. What IF you could get this goal achieved? What would the JOY of knowing that anything is possible if you trust the process and take small consistent baby steps everyday towards your desired goal? Make the effort to connect with your higher self. How do you do this? You can tap into your own inner wisdom by doing simple things such as: going for a walk, meditation, sitting with a cup of tea, just being in the NOW and in the MOMENT. This will help you CONNECT within your HEART WISDOM. Desire is from the sire. Which means desire from the father aka God within.
Step three is to DECLARE it or as I would say OWN it. Look into the mirror and affirm what you want to create in your life. What goals do you want to manifest in your life? Clam the powerful words I AM. You could be saying to yourself, “I AM living my life in faith. I AM making $100K a year. I AM loved by my true love. I AM powerful and creating the best year ever!” What I AM statements can you write down for yourself now? DM me and share with me your ideal goals for yourself!
If you want to have a workshop hosted more about this please get in touch with Nina Kaufman. In the meantime, feel free to sign up for my FREE Doodle Your Goals for 2019 eBook right below and share with me your goals! Let’s rock this year together and make great things happen for us! Click HERE to get your free Doodle Your Goals GuideBook!
Recently I had the honor of drawing and meeting director and founder of the Women’s Educational Project, Zoe Timms. She runs this non-profit organization that has three schools in India: Hyderabad, Telangana / Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh and Madurai, Tamil Nadu, South India. The mission of this organization is to assist women of limited means to liberate their inner spark: to become confident, educated, self-reliant and responsible citizens. Plus, they encourage young women to pursue a professional path and develop a fulfilling career of their choosing. I’ve been honored to illustrate several illustrations for their upcoming benefit which you are invited to on November 28th. The event will have a panel discussion on Building the Runway for Young Women to Enter the Global Workforce, which will focus on two issues of compelling importance: preparing young women for fulfilling careers in the global economy and creating a corporate climate that is welcoming, equitable and fair. You can then share the impact of the event with me and I will be illustrating your thoughts and caricature on the Impact Wall. Cocktails and Hors d’Oeuvres will be served. What a great opportunity to network and get inspired from great thought leaders. For more information click below on the WEP logo.
You can find all the details HERE so do check it out!
As a content creator it’s important to keep up to date with the latest stuff going on in the world of fashion, food, current events, social media marketing and so much more. So, trusting my intuition I decided at the last minute to attend this year’s SheKnows Media BlogHer Content Creator Event. WOW. Am I ever so glad I did! First of all, it was such a fun commute from my home – I was able to take the NewYorkWaterWay ferry every day to the SouthStreet SeaPort venue located by the Wall Street Pier. If you are ever visiting New York City, I highly recommend that you take one of these ferry rides to get some amazing views of the East River and the famous New York skyline. Second, the event was very generous with the food to keep us fueled with energy to network and schmooze! Sponsored by PretAManger we were able to eat amazing croissants, salads and sandwiches, cookies and my favorite of all time – unlimited cold brew coffee all day! Third, the topics and content that was talked about was really informative and helpful. I learned so much. So, here are just a few of my takeaways from BlogHer18:
All of these amazing entrepreneurs and women started their business based on a PROBLEM that they encountered in their life. They discovered and created a SOLUTION and then found the right target market to SHARE THEIR STORY as a method to SELL their solution, product or service. For example, Jessica Alba founded The Honest Company based on her issue with using a baby product with her first daughter Harper. She received a horrible rash and couldn’t find any chemical free products in the marketplace. So? She decided to create baby friendly chemical free products on her own! She did what she had to get done with patience and humility. For more information about her story click HERE.
Your business is not about serving YOU. It is really about SERVING OTHERS. HOW can you help your friends out or that ideal client of yours? For example, actress Tiffani Thiessen (yes, from my college days a million years ago I used to love watching her on the original Beverly Hills 90210!) noticed that a lot of her friends had no clue how to cook. So with her expertise and love for cooking, she began to cook for her friends. Then teach them how to cook. Alas, now she has her own cooking show called “Dinner at Tiffani’s” on the Cooking Channel
3. Always ASK. You never know if someone will say “YES!” A great example of this is when SheKnows Media CEO Samantha Skey told all of us attendees how she had recently met
Amy Schumer at an event. Somehow she got her email and contact information (how cool is that?) and decided to simply ASK if Ms. Schumer would be willing to attend her event
as a surprise guest. Of course, Ms. Skey did not assume a response due to the comedienne’s hectic schedule but sure enough, she said YES! Now… how Ms. Skey convinced Ms.
Schumer to say YES to her might be due to the following: 1. The theme and cause of the event (women’s empowerment) 2. Her reputation and vibe (meeting her and hitting it off)
3. Getting cool swag (ha! just kidding although the swag was really awesome) 4. Great publicity opportunity (both parties win) and 5. Maybe she was offered compensation or not.
However it does not matter. The point is – Always ASK because you just never know when someone will say YES. Plus, HOW you ASK really does matter as well. Follow up nicely!
4. BE BRAVE. Build yourself first before you build your business. The other guest whom I was really impressed with was actress Gabrielle Union. WOW. This strong young lady
shared her story about being raped on the studio set at the workplace. She not only had to overcome such a violation but also openly shared her struggles with her infertility (a taboo topic that most women including myself have struggled with). Ms. Union’s story was not only empowering to hear but she emphasized to us all about the importance to really take care
of ourselves FIRST and then others. Everyone struggles with pain and it’s tough to be bold and brave. Ms. Union bravely reminded us all that we truly are really not alone. We
are all one! Address your own hurts first beforehand so that you can heal and make a true difference in this crazy world we live in.
5. My last takeaway (well there are a lot more but click HERE if you want to hear more!) was in order to grow your business, it really is about collaborating and building relationships with
one another. The lone wolf dies while a wolf pack survives! Always have a conversation with your audience and have fun with the conversation as well! Don’t be afraid to ask questions or
ask for feedback from your tribe. I found this great image at the event and it’s so true! YOUR VIBE ATTRACTS YOUR TRIBE! The best way to build a tribe? Talk to people in your
industry, reach out to them, offer a coffee chat or lunch and just connect with others. Find out how you can help and serve them! Thanks for reading and if you enjoyed this please stop
by and “like” my FaceBook page CathyNolanArtand follow me on Instagram too! Enjoy your day and keep plugging away at your dreams! Credit to @giannedoherty on image below
Today I wanted to share with you an amazing experience I had the other day.
Recently I was hired to draw the residents of Richmond Community Center up in Yonkers, NY. Their special day was full of celebration to celebrate FUN FEST! These are a special group of people who have had special challenges in their lives and I was honored to draw them. While I’ve been drawing people at parties and events for almost 30 years, I never had the opportunity to draw people who struggle to express themselves, communicate, or move physically. However, their souls do SHINE! These group of people were so endearing, so cute, so fun to talk to and showed me their fantastic smiles. They are truly a gift and it was such an honor for me to draw them! If you would like have a unique gift with that special someone then contact me and I’ll be happy to connect! All you have to do is just click HERE:
Do you have a hobby that you absolutely love? Have you ever thought about your hobby and passion becoming a full-fledged successful business? Then you need to meet my friend, Sue Monhait. Sue and I met a few years back when the livestream app Periscope just came out. We clicked being both from Chicago and I love her energy and spunk. She runs two successful businesses, The Ribbon Print Company which is a gold-standard business offering custom ribbon printing systems so businesses can provide product personalization right in their store or craft studio. Her other business is Gift Biz Unwrapped where she us the host of the podcast, Gift Biz Unwrapped that provides free content weekly to assist those searching for answers on how to start and grow their business. “The Gift Biz Unwrapped Podcast offers a new episode every Monday morning. It is my hope that people will tune in right away, catch a new idea, tool or piece of encouragement that they can use to create change during the week. By taking single actions continuously, you can achieve big results,” she told me.
She identified the need within the baker, crafter, and maker spaces, for a leader to help entrepreneurs set up their businesses to become profitable and sustainable entities. Pulling from her vast experience, she has recently published a great book called MAKER TO MASTER which is not only a great easy read but it is full of packed and helpful knowledge on what to look for when running a business, how to hire for help, pitfalls to avoid and so much more. I found the book to be very entertaining showing examples through great storytelling and of real true events.
You can get the eBook on kindle for FREE or purchase it here on AMAZON and get going on your dream job! So… what are you waiting for? Get some great wisdom and advice from my friend Sue!
Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on a beautiful wedding! Did you watch the wedding on television? I loved how the couple included the whole town of Windsor to be part of their special day!